Sunday, October 26, 2008

Buyers Beware!

I am very upset about this....and you tell me if I have a reason to be upset....

I had to buy a new laptop, so I decided to go to Circuit City, because I have a credit card with them. So here I am at the store and found a laptop that I wanted, I bought it, took it home....and it didn't work!

So I wanted to take it back and get a refund, no way was I going to buy another one from them after they sold me one that was broken. So I'm at the store making my return, and the lady says....."do you want to exchange it for a new one?" I said no. So she said. "OK well then you have to pay a 15% restock fee"

So to make a long story short, I had to pay $109 to return a broken laptop because I wouldn't buy a new one!

Now I understand that I would have to pay a 15% restock fee, if I opened it and decided I didn't want it (that is the case with most electronics at any store) BUT!!! My laptop was broken and I wanted my money back.

After dealing with the manager and customer service on the phone, they still would not give me my money. So I will let the better business bureau take care of it!

3 comments:

jruetz said...

hmm..why didn't you just get another computer from them to save yourself $100? the odds of getting two broken computers twice is not very big! :)

Kristi said...

yeah, but i spent a lot of money on that computer and didnt trust them. they shouldnt have to charge me to return something that was broken

Anonymous said...

Wow, I definitely agree with you Kristi, it's the principle of the matter. Which Circuit City was it - you should talk to Dave Collier: isn't he a manager at the Castleton store?